Taught by Dave Howard using the Wernick Method*
Saturdays, Jan 20-Mar 10 12:30-3PM
Dave's students say:
"Dave does a great job of teaching to the appropriate level. Thanks to Dave I now have the confidence to participate in jams."
"He is very approachable and easy to get along with. The Louisville Folk School is a great asset to our city!"
"A positive, encouraging environment that felt safe. I felt free to experiment and make mistakes."
"The slower tempos allowed for layers of complexity to be added to my experience: sing while playing, paying WAY more attention to other pickers."
"There are good teachers, and good players. Dave is rare in that he does both well. He understands the struggles new pickers face. Dave's friendly and genuine demeanor is welcoming and makes people feel at ease and ready to dive in."
Sign up now and we'll send you full information preparing you for the class and the world of jamming!
$50 payment holds your spot! ($185 due at first class)
Sign me up!
All registrants receive a coupon code for $10 off any Jam DVD!
Once we receive your payment, we'll contact you via email with class preparation info.
Prefer to pay with check or money order? Email [email protected] for details.
50% of payment refunded if you cancel more than one month in advance.
- All bluegrass instruments welcome
- No jamming experience necessary
- You will be jamming the first class!
- Friendly, encouraging, knowledgeable teaching.
- Mistakes allowed!
- Singing not required, but encouraged and taught.
- Easy 2- and 3-chord songs, slow speeds.
- Soloing not required! "Faking" solos taught.
Do you qualify? It's easier than you may think!
If you play guitar, mandolin, banjo, fiddle, bass, or dobro... you can be part of a bluegrass jam.
- You must be able to tune your instrument (electronic tuning devices welcome) and
- change smoothly between G, C, D, and A. (Fiddles and basses need to know which notes work with which chords)