Taught by Ira Gitlin using the Wernick Method*
Sundays, Mar 4-25 1-5PM
Ira's students say:
"A wonderfully engaging and informative instructor."
"The best music teacher in the DC area, maybe even the entire world!"
"Not only knowledgeable but can teach and truly cares about the music."
"The group jams were a great opportunity for everyone to get lots of practice with whatever they needed. Leading songs, taking breaks, singing harmonies, just building confidence with it all."
"Ira's extraordinary knowledge/mastery of 3-4 instruments means that he can accommodate ALL learners."
"The no pressure teaching style was an unexpected surprise."
"Lots of well articulated insights about jamming strategies and rules of the road ."
"Ira Gitlin is terrific!"
Sign up now and we'll send you full information preparing you for the class and the world of jamming!
$50 payment holds your spot! ($100 due at first class)
Sign me up!
All registrants receive a coupon code for $10 off any Jam DVD!
Once we receive your payment, we'll contact you via email with class preparation info.
Prefer to pay with check or money order? Email [email protected] for details.
50% of payment refunded if you cancel more than one month in advance.
- All bluegrass instruments welcome
- No jamming experience necessary
- You will be jamming the first class!
- Friendly, encouraging, knowledgeable teaching.
- Mistakes allowed!
- Singing not required, but encouraged and taught.
- Easy 2- and 3-chord songs, slow speeds.
- Soloing not required! "Faking" solos taught.
Do you qualify? It's easier than you may think!
If you play guitar, mandolin, banjo, fiddle, bass, or dobro... you can be part of a bluegrass jam.
- You must be able to tune your instrument (electronic tuning devices welcome) and
- change smoothly between G, C, D, and A. (Fiddles and basses need to know which notes work with which chords)