Taught by John Holenko using the Wernick Method*
Monday-Friday, Jul 30-Aug 3
Mon 1-4PM • Tue 1-4PM • Wed 1-4PM • Thu 1-4PM • Fri 1-4PM
John's students say:
"John is an approachable and supportive teacher for all levels of students, particularly beginners. He has an easy going nature which helps break down barriers. His love for the music and desire to teach comes through in everything he does."
"We look forward to the jam sessions with John all month! He is incredibly patient, knowledgeable, and encouraging. I wish I had learned to play music like this."
"I have a blast playing guitar and singing with John. With John's patience and instruction, I feel like I have a great jam coach."
"No matter your age or skill level John encourages, gently guides, and finds the joy in making music."
Sign up now and we'll send you full information preparing you for the class and the world of jamming!
$50 payment holds your spot! ($115 due at first class)
Sign me up!
All registrants receive a coupon code for $10 off any Jam DVD!
Once we receive your payment, we'll contact you via email with class preparation info.
Prefer to pay with check or money order? Email [email protected] for details.
50% of payment refunded if you cancel more than one month in advance.
- All bluegrass instruments welcome
- No jamming experience necessary
- You will be jamming the first class!
- Friendly, encouraging, knowledgeable teaching.
- Mistakes expected!
- Music reading not needed or used
- Singing not required, but encouraged and taught.
- Easy 2- and 3-chord songs, slow speeds.
- Soloing not required! "Faking" solos taught.
- Intermediates welcome, and given added challenges
Do you qualify? It's easier than you may think!
If you play guitar, mandolin, banjo, fiddle, bass, or dobro... you can be part of a bluegrass jam.
- You must be able to tune your instrument (electronic tuning devices welcome) and
- change smoothly between G, C, D, and A. (Fiddles and basses need to know which notes work with which chords)