Taught by Rick Sparks using the Wernick Method*
Saturday-Sunday, Sep 15-16
Bluegrass & Acoustic Music Festival
Sat 9AM-Noon • Sun 9AM-Noon
$65 in advance • $75 on site • $40 single session
(festival admission also required)
Assisted by Karen Roemmich
Rick's students say:
"Rick got us to make music together by the end of the first class--it seemed miraculous to me."
"Great class, Great fun!"
"Rick is so patient and generous with his time and expertise."
"Rick did a superb job of teaching a mixed group of mostly beginners (I am one) and intermediate musicians to jam."
"You know how to put people at ease!"
"Rick's gentle yet persuasive nature is perfect for managing a jam class."
Sign up now and we'll send you full information preparing you for the class and the world of jamming!
$65 in advance (festival admission also required)
Sign me up!
All registrants receive a coupon code for $10 off any Jam DVD!
Once we receive your payment, we'll contact you via email with class preparation info.
Prefer to pay with check or money order? Email [email protected] for details.
50% of payment refunded if you cancel more than one month in advance.
- All bluegrass instruments welcome
- No jamming experience necessary
- You will be jamming the first class!
- Friendly, encouraging, knowledgeable teaching.
- Mistakes expected!
- Music reading not needed or used
- Singing not required, but encouraged and taught.
- Easy 2- and 3-chord songs, slow speeds.
- Soloing not required! "Faking" solos taught.
- Intermediates welcome, and given added challenges
Do you qualify? It's easier than you may think!
If you play guitar, mandolin, banjo, fiddle, bass, or dobro... you can be part of a bluegrass jam.
- You must be able to tune your instrument (electronic tuning devices welcome) and
- change smoothly between G, C, D, and A. (Fiddles and basses need to know which notes work with which chords)